Chris Coleman for Governor Campaign Internship
Title: Campaign Intern
Location: St. Paul, MN
Hours: Part Time
Interested in getting experience in the fast paced world of politics? Want to help elect a proven executive with a strong progressive track record? Looking for an opportunity to learn and gain work experience, while working to ensure Minnesota’s next governor is a DFLer?
The Chris Coleman for Governor campaign seeks highly motivated interns to support our communications, finance and administrative teams. Interns will gain valuable political, communications, fundraising and grassroots campaign skills while working for an exciting leader and getting in on the ground floor of a campaign taking shape. Applicants should be proficient in Microsoft Office Suites, be personable, be highly organized and thrive in a fast pace environment.
Both students and non-students are encouraged to apply. This is an unpaid internship, but the campaign will work with students seeking to earn academic credit towards graduation. * Note it is the student’s responsibility to seek possible credit for this internship.
Roles & Responsibilities
The intern’s specific roles and responsibilities are flexible, depending upon the interests and experience of the individual, as well as the immediate needs of the campaign, and may include any or all of the following:
- Assist with both traditional communications and social media projects
- Assist with donor research and outreach
- Assist with select administrative duties
- Assist with campaign community and fundraising events
- Conduct direct voter outreach
- Assist with maintaining and updating databases
- Willingness to work hard and excited to learn
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Interns will be asked to commit to 10- 15 hours per week in order to gain a full campaign internship experience
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to Adam@ColemanForGovernor.com with the subject line “Campaign Internship”. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis for spring semester, but applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.