Student Profile: Ali Wolfe ‘13

Ali WolfeAli Wolfe ‘13

• Chemistry major and Religion minor
  • Nursing Station Technician at the University of Minnesota Fairview
  • Transfer from Hope College
  • Christensen Scholar
  • Involved in Urban Neighbors
  • Volunteer at Redeemer Health Ministry

What do you value most about Augsburg?
I most value my interactions and relationships with professors. My professors at Augs-burg are truly invested in their students.

What brought you to Augsburg?
As a transfer student, I came back to Minnesota in order to be closer to family during a challenging time. When I transferred, I was looking for a flexible, accommodating college close to my hometown, White Bear Lake.

What experiences have you had at Augsburg?
While attending Augsburg, I have had the opportunity to do microbiology research on the mechanism of probiotics and chemistry research on percentage of sulfite within dry and sweet wines. I have also had the opportunity to participate in the University of Minnesota Neuroscience Research Program. Last year I received a Gilman Scholarship for study abroad. With this scholarship I was able to attend the School of International Training (SIT) last summer (2012) and study traditional medicine and healthcare practices in northern India.

What’s next for you?
After graduating next fall (2013), I plan to apply for Physician Assistant (PA) programs. I am interested in global health and also hope to pursue a Masters in Public Health after obtaining my PA degree. In the future, I would like to work with vulnerable populations and practice medicine internationally.

What advice would you give a first year?
Get involved on campus and use this time to find your passions. Also, get to know your professors well. They will become your mentors and provide you with many networking opportunities.