APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 1, 2014
Students interested in applying for AugSTEM should read the 2013 AugSTEM Application Information Packet carefully before beginning. Students considering this scholarship should begin the application process weeks in advance to ensure high-quality writing and to give faculty adequate time to write recommendations.
1.Contact AugSTEM@augsburg.edu to indicate that you plan to apply.
2. Request recommendation letters from faculty at least two weeks prior to the deadline; email the 2013 AugSTEM Faculty Reference Form to faculty who agree to write a recommendation or have them download it from this site. Faculty letter-writers must email their forms and recommendation letters to AugSTEM@augsburg.edu by May 9th.
3. Complete the 2013 AugSTEM Application Form, essay, resume, STEM graduation plan, and SAR financial need form (see information packet for detailed directions for each of these application elements) and email to AugSTEM@augsburg.edu by May 9th.
STEM Transfer Provost Scholarships
Each spring semester, five departmental scholarships (Bio, Chem, CSC, Math and Physics) will be reserved for community college students who are planning to attend Augsburg the following academic year. Students will need to complete the AugSTEM application, but the awards can be given out well before the application deadline. If you are a community college student who is interested in majoring in one of the above fields at Augsburg, please contact email@example.com
as soon as possible to be considered for 2014-2015.
- $10,000 per year for up to five semesters
- Awarded on an early-decision basis after review of application and recommendation by Augsburg’s academic departments and AugSTEM Selection Committee
Rebekah Dupont, PhD Benjamin Stottrup, PhD (co-PI)
Director, STEM Programs (PI) Associate Professor of Physics
Associate Professor of Mathematics Augsburg College
Augsburg College Science 24B
Science 154 (612) 330-1035
(612) 330-1042 firstname.lastname@example.org