LSAMP Academic-Year Research Grants
North Star STEM students who wish to conduct research with a faculty mentor are eligible to apply for $1000 academic-year research grants. These grants provides a stipend for 100 hours of research and can also be used for research supplies. This is a great way to continue research you’ve been working on, try out research if you have not done it before, or to learn about a sub-field in your major.
1) Find a faculty mentor whose research interests you.
2) Make sure you are eligible for, and are a member of Minnesota’s North Star STEM (see “overview” tab).
3) Fill out the application with your mentor. Have your mentor email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) When you have completed the 100 hours of research, complete the research report form and email it to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the grants or are wondering if you are eligible, please contact Rebekah Dupont at 612-330-1042 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
LSAMP Travel Grants
North Star STEM students who wish to attend or present at a professional conference within their field are encouraged to apply for travel grants of up to $800 for expenses such as airfare, milage, hotel stay, and/or registration fees.
1) Make sure you are eligible for, and are a member of Minnesota’s North Star STEM (see “overview” tab).
2) Fill out the travel application and budget with the best estimates of your projected spending.
3) Within a week after your return from the conference, complete and turn in the expenditure report and all itemized receipts to Kirsten O’Brien in Science 152D to request reimbursement.