Lunch & Learn: Graduate Student Panel
The aim of this Lunch & Learn is to give students the opportunity to learn about transitions between the undergraduate to the graduate level from students who have had these experiences. It will also, give undergraduate students the opportunity to form connections with graduate students in their fields, and potential mentors. The graduate students on the panel are in STEM fields, under CSE, CBS, CFANS and CLA.
Some of the graduate students on the panel and their areas of specialization are:
- Antonio Campos – Analytical Chemistry
- Christopher Gallardo – Biology, Neuroscience & Pharmacology
- Coty Jen – Pollution, Aerosols & Global Climate
- Eyerusalem Woldegebreal – Mathematics
- Nancy Trejo – Thin Solar Cells
Venue: ME 1130
Date: February 12th, 2013
Free Lunch Provided!!
Internships 2.0: The Key to Your Early Career Success
All students are invited to Augsburg College to hear Mark Babbit, CEO of Youtern*, speak towards preparing for your professional career through internships.
- Discover what makes a good internship… and what internships to avoid
- Know the critical components of a contemporary internship and job search – and a fulfilling early career
- Learn how to articulate your unique value proposition to employers
- Understand what it takes to become highly employable in a highly competitive job market
Date and Times:
Monday, February 17
11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – Free Lunch at Augsburg College in Minneapolis
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Webinar – a simulcast of the presentation at Augsburg
If you plan on attending the lecture at Augsburg College, Please RSVP to STEM@Augsburg.edu
If you can’t make it to Augsburg, feel free to join in via Webinar by registering here.
*YouTern is a community for young careerists. Selected by Forbes as a “Top Website for Your Career” and by Mashable as a “Top 5 Online Community for Starting Your Career.” Learn More
This event is co-sponsored by Augsburg College and the SciTechsperience Internship Program.