The StepUP Program at Augsburg College strives to help students champion lives of recovery, achieve academic success, and thrive in a community of accountability and support.
- a 16-year-old program built on evidence-based and proven techniques, with highly-successful outcomes
- staff who are experienced, knowledgeable, licensed counselors
- students who are excited about making a difference through service
- StepUP serves more than 90 students annually (more than 600 since its inception) and is the largest residential collegiate recovery program in the country.
- StepUP students’ average GPA is 3.02 (of 4.0).
- Over the past 5 years, the StepUP abstinence rate has averaged 94%.
- There is no additional cost for students to participate in the StepUP program.
- Minneapolis/St. Paul is a high-density location for 12-step support meetings.