Augsburg College students have access to an amazing network of alumni who are eager to meet you and share their wisdom and advice about life beyond Augsburg. The ABC Mentor Program is a unique opportunity for you to form meaningful relationships with alumni. As a participant in the program, mentors can assist you with information and tips on topics such as:
- Academic Guidance (course selection, study skills, post-undergraduate school planning)
- Career Advice (job shadowing, résumé critiques, interviewing tips, general career guidance)
- Personal Development (networking, hobbies, recreation, cultural/ethnic sensitivity)
ABC is currently undergoing program renovations. If you are interested in finding an alumni mentor or opportunities to connect with alumni, please contact Cindy Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Let us know what career fields you are interested in.
- We will provide you with a selection of potential mentors to choose from.
- Once you’ve made your selection (based on availability), both you and your mentor will receive confirmation about your pairing.
Roles and Responsibilities
It is both the mentor and the student’s responsibility to keep in regular contact with each other. Check in with your mentor at least once a week or a couple of times a month and respond to them in a timely manner. You and your mentor will be invited to events throughout the year to network and socialize. Opportunities for interaction include:
- On-campus mixers and workshops
- Volunteer opportunities
- Cultural and social events
You may also select mentors who do not live near Augsburg College and communicate via phone, email or online.
For questions contact Cindy Peterson at email@example.com