The Career and Internship Center is committed to working closely with students, faculty, and the community to provide off-campus opportunities for students that will enrich and expand their learning in the classroom and also to help students make good career decisions. The center was founded on principles of experiential education and promotes the integration of theory and practice with career development. We believe students will be better prepared for lifelong community and civic engagement — and meaningful careers — when they combine structured off-campus volunteering, internships, and work experiences with their Augsburg education.
We can visit with individual faculty or departments to give an overview of the Strommen Career and Internship Services and explain how we can assist you. Faculty are encouraged to visit our office in Christensen Center, Suite 100 anytime.
Partnership With Faculty
- Provides support to faculty supervising student internships for academic credit
- Provides individual advising for students in all majors related to internships for credit or not for credit
- Assists students with internship academic guidelines, policies, and registration process
- Assist students with writing drafts of internship learning agreements
- Provides advising for the Jr/Sr. year Augsburg Experience options and opportunities
- Offers a non-credit transcript notation for internship and work experiences related to student’s major (can fulfill Augsburg Experience)
- Develops and coordinates listings of paid and unpaid internship opportunities for all majors (Augpost)
For more information about internship opportunities for your students, contact Ana Eliason, 612-330-1468. Also, visit the internships section of the Strommen Career and Internship web site.
- Provides professional career counseling, coaching and vocation planning
- Provides interest, skill, & personality assessments (MBTI, Strong, and Strengths personality interpretation) for individual students or classes
- Assists faculty who are interested in learning more about career-related topics and employment trends
- Conducts classroom career related presentations and general workshops on campus
- Provides an on-line resource library on career fields and graduate schools
- Provides resume writing, interviewing, job search strategies for individual students, classes, student organizations
- Maintains web based internship and part-time, summer and full-time career job listings (Augpost)
- Prepares students for MN Private College Job & Internship Fair and Education Job Fair
- Plans and promotes fairs and employer seminars for specific career areas
- Coordinates employer recruitment and employer classroom presentations
- Facilitates the Exploring Vocation Quest retreat
For more information about career services for your students, contact Heidi Lender , 612-330-1762.
Our Goal for Students
The Strommen Career & Internship Center provides students with a wide range of resources and support to help students:
- BECOME MORE SELF-AWARE of their talents, interests, skills, and values
- EXPERIENCE hands-on learning
- EXPLORE career possibilities and meaningful work
- DEVELOP PLANS around career choices, community and civic involvement
- GAIN SKILLS for professional job searches and/or graduate school applications