BEFORE YOU REGISTER
How many credits do you need? Check with your faculty advisor to see which type of internship is best for you.
If you have completed at least 60 credits (junior status), each type will satisfy the Augsburg Experience graduation requirement.
- 0 Credit Augsburg Experience Internship – 80 hours
- 2 Credit Academic Internship – 80 hours
- 4 Credit Academic Internship – 160 hours
- 2 or 4 Credit Internship Seminar Course (specific majors)
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN F-1 STATUS
International students in F-1 status wishing to complete a paid off-campus internship opportunity, must register their internship for academic credit and apply for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) prior to beginning an internship experience. Below is a step by step guide to registering your internship experience. For additional information on regulations for Curricular Practical Training (CPT), please visit the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) Employment page or contact an ISSS Advisor.
If you have an unpaid internship opportunity in your field of study that you would like to use to fulfill your Augsburg Experience graduation requirement, please visit the Internship Registration Guide page for an alternate registration process.
1. Attend a CPT Group or 1:1 Advising Session
- Contact the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) office to schedule your session.
2. Report Your Internship Site
- A copy will be sent directly to your internship site supervisor.
- Internship Site Agreement Form
3. Complete Internship Registration Form
- Complete this paper registration form.
- Have your faculty supervisor and department chair sign it before bringing it to the Strommen Center.
4. Meet an ISSS Advisor for CPT Authorization
- Bring the completed CPT Request and Verification Form and the job offer that includes the position title, employer name and address, work hours/week, etc. to your meeting with your ISSS advisor.
- You will receive a new I-20 form with the CPT authorization printed on the 2nd page. Page 2 of this new I-20 form serves as the legal proof to your off-campus employment eligibility during the time period you are authorized.
Watch This 2 minute Video
Submit Learning Goals
- Completed form due within 3 weeks from internship start date.
- Preview the questions before filling out the online form.
- Taking an internship seminar course? (PSY 400 & SOC 399) You will complete your learning goals in class. All others will fill out the following form.
Final Internship Evaluations
- As you wrap up your internship, final evaluations will be emailed directly to you and your site supervisor to complete two weeks prior to the end of the semester.
- Please contact the Strommen Center if you would like your evaluations sent earlier – email@example.com or 612-330-1148.
- 2 or 4 credit internships: your faculty supervisor will determine the assignments and due dates.