At Augsburg, internships can be registered for a non-credit internship course to fulfill the Augsburg Experience requirement. This option recognizes the learning inherent in integrating your education with internship or related experience.
What qualifies for the non-credit internship?
- Experience must be related to your major, minor and/or career goals.
- Positions must offer an opportunity to apply theory to practice in a work setting with opportunity for clear application of coursework and enhancement of knowledge and skills.
- Students will be required to create learning strategies, observable objectives and systematic evaluation of the learning processes and outcomes.
- Positions may be paid or unpaid.
- Sites may include approved relevant part-time jobs during the school year, full-time or part-time relevant summer job opportunities, or internships in a students major field.
- Student must complete a minimum of 80 hours on the internship site, but are strongly encouraged to complete additional hours to have a more meaningful opportunity to contribute to the organization.
- Start and end dates for experiences are flexible, but students must be registered for the internship during the term in which they are completing the experience.
Non-Credit Internship Registration and Requirements
The non-credit internship acknowledges the learning and academic value of a work-based learning experience. It is a non-credit recognition and there is no registration fee. Students registering for a non-credit internship are required to:
- Once you have an internship site lined up, attend an internship orientation session or meet with the Internship Specialist in the Career & Internship office to discuss your internship/job and your learning goals.
- Register for the Non-Credit Internship for Augsburg Experience during the open registration period. (For summer 2014: Register for the course GST009 available in the Career & Internship Services office.)
- Complete the Internship Learning Agreement goals connecting education and work experience and reflect on the experience.
- Complete the Augsburg Experience reflection paper based on learning during the internship.
- Students receive a grade of “P” (participation with no credit) when requirements are completed and approved.
Looking for an internship?
If you have questions about finding an internship opportunity, contact Strommen Career & Internship Services at 612-220-1148 or email@example.com to schedule an appointment to discuss your interests and possibilities.