At Augsburg, internships can be registered for a non-credit transcript notation recognizing the learning inherent in integrating your education with work experience related to your major and/or career goals. Internships done for a transcript notation can include approved part-time jobs during the school year, full-time or part-time summer job opportunities, or internships not done for credit. These internship work experiences are often flexible and can begin and end anytime. During the school term, students typically work an average of 10-20 hours per week. Employment can range from a few months to continuing one to three years.
Students can also use their paid work experience to fulfill the Augsburg Experience graduation requirement by registering for the GST 009 transcript notation and completing the Augsburg Work Connections reflection questions
Transcript Notation Registration and Requirements
The transcript notation acknowledges the learning and academic value of a work-based learning experience. It is a non-credit recognition and there is no registration fee. Students registering for the transcript notation are required to:
- Meet with the Internship Specialist in the Career & Internship office to discuss their job and their learning goals.
- Register for the GST 009 transcript notation during a registration period.
- Set learning goals connecting education and work experience and reflect on the experience.
- Complete the Ausgburg Experience reflection questions if looking to complete the graduation requirement.
- Students receive a grade of “P” (participation with no credit) when requirements are completed.