Student Affairs seeks to foster students’ personal integrity and community responsibility, self-reliance and interdependence, respect for differences, and critical thinking and leadership skills.
Student Affairs is comprised of the following areas:
What We Do
The Department of Student Affairs coordinates a wide variety of services, programs and activities designed to support the academic success and personal development of Augsburg students. We recognize that the college years are times for tremendous personal growth, value clarification and self-exploration. It is an incredible period in the life of every student.
We are here to provide guidance and assistance to students by helping students to pursue opportunities, access resources, and resolve issues. In times of crisis, we offer support and caring services to students.
- Serve as a primary link for students to faculty, staff and administrators.
- Provide campus and community involvement opportunities.
- Promote appreciation of diverse experiences for the campus community.
- Coordinate the campus discipline system and enforce the Conduct Code.
- Promote a supportive learning environment for students.
- Contact appropriate faculty/staff in the event of a student emergency or illness.
- Facilitate the process of informing students regarding emergencies or other special circumstances needing their immediate attention.