The 2013-2014 Financial Aid Instructions: Fall – Spring 2013-2014
Applying for financial aid can sometimes be an intimidating process. We are here to help guide you through this by providing step by step instructions on how to apply. The 13-14 FAFSA is intended for students who plan to register in the 2013-2014 school year. By submitting a FAFSA we will be able to determine what grants and student loans are available. Students wishing to be considered for only scholarships each year do not need to submit a FAFSA.
Steps and Deadlines to Apply for Financial Aid – Fall 2013-Spring 2014
- File your 2012 federal income taxes as early as possible. After filing your taxes, allow the IRS to process your return (2-3 weeks for taxes filed electronically, 6-8 weeks for paper taxes) before filling out your FAFSA. This time frame will allow you to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool option to pre-populate your tax information onto your FAFSA.
- Complete your 2013-2014 FAFSA online at www.FAFSA.gov. Remember to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool option to directly import your tax information. Non-Tax filers will have no tax data to transfer. Make sure to submit the FAFSA by signing with your Pin number. Augsburg’s school code is 002334.
- Attention Minnesota residents only: Look carefully at the confirmation page immediately upon completion of the online FAFSA. If you are prompted to apply for MN state-based financial aid, click on the link and answer the additional required questions. If you missed the link you can access the MN State Grant Questionnaire here.
- Submit Additional Documentation as Requested: Some students will be selected for Verification. Verification is a process in which the Financial Aid office must verify certain information that the student and or parent provided on the FAFSA. Students selected for Verification will be notified via email by Augsburg on what additional documentation is required. You can also “Track Your Financial Aid” and view the documents tab to see if additional documentation is required.
*Steps to complete if selected for Verification:
- Submit the 2013-2014 Augsburg Aid form
- If we require a 2012 tax return transcript, please re-submit your financial information on your FAFSA using the IRS Data Match tool. If you are unable to complete this process please submit a copy of your tax return transcript. Go to IRS website to order a transcript or visit a local IRS office for immediate assistance.
Merit and Gift Aid
Augsburg is aware of how difficult it can be to pay for a college education. Scholarships can help you make it happen. There are two kinds of scholarships that may interest you: Augsburg scholarships for incoming first-year students and transfer students, and scholarships from outside organizations.
Students may also wish to utilize student loans in order to help cover the cost of their education. Information about federal and private student loans can be found on your loans webpage.
Special Circumstance Information
Learn more about Augsburg’s policy regarding Special Circumstances.
Policies and Regulations
Please review the policies and disclosures tab to the left to make sure you understand your tuition charges and your financial aid.