Congratulations on being a TRIO/SSS Auggie! Now let’s get started.
Now that you’ve submitted your $150 Enrollment Deposit or Deposit Waiver with Admissions and been admitted to TRIO/SSS and Summer Bridge we want to make sure you know what to do next.
Just follow these steps to complete your Summer Bridge file so that you may move in on Sunday, July 6.
Step 1: Apply for financial aid
This is important if you want to be considered for Augsburg aid, grants, and loans!
All Summer Bridge admits must complete TWO FAFSAs:
- 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2014-2015 school year aid AND
- 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2013-2014 Summer Bridge aid
Submit both FAFSAs no later than Friday, June 6, 2014. Please contact the TRIO/SSS office if you have questions about this process.
Step 2: Return the following documents that were mailed home in your TRIO/SSS Summer Bridge Admission Letter:
- Confirmation of 2014 Summer Bridge Program Participation
- Summer Bridge Housing Contract and $200 Housing DepositThis deposit is required of all students who plan to live on campus at any time. If you plan to live on campus in the fall you may have already submitted your deposit. Students not returning to campus housing in the fall should have their housing deposit (or portion thereof) returned September 2014.
- Summer Bridge Details Sheet (T-shirt size, Activity Rankings, and Special Diet Statement)
Early Admission students must return their confirmation, housing contract, and details sheet by May 23, 2014.
Step 3: Complete the First Year Registration process
During the registration process, you will complete your First Year Course Request, do your placement tests in math writing and language, and sign up for a First Year Review appointment. If you have questions about the First Year Registration process, please contact our Academic Advising office at 612-330-1302 or email at email@example.com
Step 4: Register for First Year Student Summer Orientation (SOAR)
All Summer Bridge students must register for SOAR I which takes place Friday, July 25 – Saturday, July 26, 2014
Step 5: Keep an eye out for your “Welcome to Summer Bridge” information packet. This will have detailed information about move-in day and Summer Bridge orientation, descriptions of campus life and descriptions of your summer courses, attendance and dress polices, and most importantly, what you should (and should not) bring to Summer Bridge.
The “Welcome Packet” is usually mailed about a week or two before move-in day.