UDL tOURNAMENT SUPPORT STAFF
We are looking for a few excellent folks who can help us deliver great debate tournaments for MN Urban Debate League high schoolers this semester, and middle schoolers next semester.
Pay: $11.00/hr *+ Free Food!
- (Non-Augsburg students will receive $11/hr, Augsburg students will receive the Augsburg student employment rate)
- You do not have to be a student to do tournament support.
- Post signage and tournament information throughout building
- Carry supplies (food and materials) in and out of location
- Help set-up supplies and Clean-up
- Help greet volunteers
- Ballot Runner – go to classrooms pick-up and return debate ballots
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs and walk significant distance (within a school building)
- Pass a background check
- Have great customer relation skills – welcoming to volunteers, students and coaches
- Be reliable and able to get to tournament location; be professional in your conduct with students and staff.
- Fri Oct. 6th: 2pm – 8pm (University of MN, West Bank)
- Sat Oct. 7th 7:30 am – 1:15pm; 12:30pm – 4:30pm
- Saturday Oct. 14th 9am – 12:30pm 12:30pm – 5:00pm
- Fri Nov. 10th – 3:15pm – 8:30pm
- Sat. Nov. 11th – 7:15am – 12:15pm; 12:15pm – 4:30pm
- Sat Nov 18th 8am – 12:30pm; 12:30pm – 5:30pm
- Fri. Dec. 8th 2:45pm – 7:15pm
- Sat. Dec. 9th 8:00 am – 2:00pm
Use the calendar to select the date you want. All available shifts will be shown. Select the shift(s) you want, and you’re on your way to being UDL Tournament Support!
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 612-330-1730.
As an Americorps VISTA member, you will be part of a group of several individuals hosted by the City of St. Paul VISTA program.
What is Americorps Vista?
AmeriCorps VISTA is the national service program designed specifically to fight poverty. Authorized in 1964 and founded as Volunteers in Service to America in 1965, VISTA was incorporated into the AmeriCorps network of programs in 1993. VISTA has been on the front lines in the fight against poverty in America for more than 45 years.
What will I be doing as a VISTA?
The Marketing and Development VISTA will help build the capacity of the MNUDL by strengthening its financial base and diversify revenue stream, leverage our impact by creating our volunteer program, and improve student’s and parent’s experience through our student recognition program.
Visit this link to apply: bit.ly/UDL2017VISTA
What will I get in return for my service?
- Living Stipend
- Health Benefits
- End of year award (either a $5,500 Educational Award, or a $1,500 stipend)
- Experience working for a nonprofit
- Extremely supportive work environment w/focus on professional development