Augsburg is committed to a zero tolerance policy for unethical conduct in the workplace. As part of that commitment, Augsburg has implemented the Campus Conduct Hotline ©, a confidential service operated by an independent third-party organization, for reporting University-related misconduct or retaliation. Calls can be made anonymously, and the hotline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. (Staff and student workers can also make a report of University-related misconduct or retaliation to their immediate manager, to their respective vice president or Human Resources, via email, fax or letter.)
The Campus Conduct Hotline number is 866.943.5787 (toll free call). The hotline staff will:
- Make sure caller understands the hotline program and how it works.
- Arrange for a translator to participate if the caller prefers to make the report in a language other than English.
- Provide a randomly generated 5-digit case number at the start of the call. This 5-digit case number will be needed to call for updates or provide additional information.
- Ask if the caller wishes to remain anonymous.
- Discuss the concern or possible violation and ask questions to ensure they understand the issue.
- Take notes about the conversation. Calls are not recorded.
- Forward the concern to an Augsburg representative who will provide an initial response within five business days.
Hotline staff will not take the caller’s phone number or email and will not be able to contact the caller directly with the initial response or additional information provided by the Augsburg representative. Individuals who report concerns must call back for updates, and provide the 5-digit case number given during the initial call. Updates may be requested at any time until the case is closed.
For further information, the “Whistleblower and Non-Retaliation Policy” can be found on page 29 of the Augsburg University Employee Handbook. The policy provides guidelines for faculty, staff and student workers for reporting suspected violations of law or policy and retaliation. The purpose of this policy is to protect any employee or other member of the Augsburg University community who makes a good faith disclosure of suspected wrongful conduct.
Questions regarding the Hotline should be addressed to:
Lisa Stock, Director & Chief Human Resources Officer