Brent Haglund (’10)

church-photo

What year did you graduate? What were your majors/minors? – I graduated in 2010 with a Youth and Family Ministry major.

What are you doing now (for work)? – I am the Director of Youth and Family Ministry at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Brooklyn Park, MN.

Why did you study Youth & Family Ministry? - God paved the way for me.  I’ve had a lot of great adults/mentors/friends in my life and I wanted to do the same thing for future generations.

Why did you choose Augsburg? – I was interested in studying YFM and running cross country for Coach Barker.

What was the most rewarding part of your Augsburg experience? - Building friendships, Running for Coach Barker, and the YFM program/internship experience

What was the most challenging part? - Battling doubts about being at Augsburg

Did you learn something that you didn’t expect? What was it? - I learned that Augsburg was an incredibly liberal campus despite its ELCA/Church founding.

How did your Augsburg education prepare you for youth ministry work? - My major and my position title say it all!  I gained the vital theology both in class and on internship and am now working at my internship site (after 1 yr. and 9months at another church).

If a young person asked you about studying at Augsburg, what advice or guidance would you give them? - I would tell them it’s awesome.  The possibilities are near endless.  I’d take them on a visit!