As an Augsburg Auggie Achiever, you will have access to resources and supports that reinforce important academic skills and strategies needed to achieve your academic goals and assist in your transition to college.
Resources vary based on the specific level of support, but may include:
- Access to Academic Skills support through tutoring and supplemental instruction, on-line resources, workshops, and/or academic skills coaching.
- Individual meetings with a Gage Center professional (Academic Advisor, TRIO/SSS Advisor, Disability Resources/CLASS Specialist).
- Registration in one of our Auggie Achievers courses.
At SOAR, you will receive information about your specific level of support and course/meeting needs. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at 612-330-1025.
ALL augsburg students
Academic Advisors work with students to develop skills and strategies to aid in academic success. Coaches work with students on a range of topics including:
- time management,
- transitioning to college,
- note taking,
- goal setting, and
Additional materials on various topics may be found in our office, The Gage Center, second floor of Lindell Library and in Academic Advising.
- Sleep: Get the Right Kind of Sleep for Each Class (New York Times)
- Time Management (College Board)
- Augsburg Weekly Planner
- Test Taking (BYU)
- Test Taking (Bucks)
- Procrastination (Cal Poly)
- Motivation (Psychology Today)
- Memorization (Willamette University)
- Note taking (Chapman)
- Note taking (Dartmouth)
- Active Reading: Comprehension and Rate (Dartmouth)
- Reading Strategies (St. Mary’s)
- College Reading (Oregon State)
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT:
Click here to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor to discuss improving your academic skills.