Bing tracking

Major Declaration

Declaring a Major

All students are required to declare a major and select a faculty mentor by the end of their sophomore year, when they have completed 48 or more semester credits.  To do so, students must change their major on AugNet Service’s Records and Registration’s dashboard under “Student Info”. You must have a faculty mentor in your major(s). Once you have changed your major, you need to turn in a Change of Mentor form or email with your new faculty mentor copied onto the message.

First-year students are required to meet with their academic advisor for the first two terms. All other undergraduate students are required to meet with their faculty mentor. If you are unsure on who to select for your faculty mentor, we encourage that you speak with the Chair of the department for your intended major so that you can be properly match with a faculty mentor in that department.

Need help picking a major?

If you are having trouble deciding on a major, please contact Strommen Career and Internship Center.

The counselors in the Strommen Career and Internship Center help students:

  • Assess Your Interests & Skills
  • Link Academic Majors with Career Interests
  • Get “Hands-on” Community-Service and Internship Experience
  • Prepare for the Job Search and Graduate School
  • Make a Difference in Your Community and the World