American Indian Student Services is a multifaceted office established in 1978 to recruit and retain American Indian students. It is a national model of success and continues to have one of the highest retention and graduation rates of Indian students in the state of Minnesota.
Today more than 200 Indian students have graduated from Augsburg, and each year approximately 80 students are enrolled both full and part time, undergraduate and graduate, representing over 20 tribal nations.
We Offer Assistance With:
- The admissions process
- Financial aid procedures and completion of applications
- Orientation and registration
- Coursework selection
- Individual education plans
- Academic advising and career counseling
- Community and professional referrals
- Intervention/crisis counseling/advocacy
Our graduates are valued members of their communities. They maintain their contact with the AISS and are invaluable in our networking with current students.