- Augsburg University Alumni is defined as all those who have attended Augsburg, so the awards are open not only to graduates but to anyone who has been a student for at least one semester.
- Current members of the faculty (excluding faculty in phased retirement), staff, Board of Regents, Alumni Board and Young Alumni Council members are not eligible to receive an Alumni Award.
- Friends of the University, as well as alumni, are eligible for the Spirit of Augsburg award.
- Only graduates within the past 10 years may be nominated for the First Decade award.
- Any award may be given posthumously.
How do I nominate someone?
When will I hear about the nomination?
Nominees for the Distinguished Alumni Award and the Spirit of Augsburg award will be reviewed by and voted on by the Augsburg University Alumni Board. The First Decade award nominees will be reviewed and voted on by the Augsburg University Young Alumni Council. Persons selected to receive the award will be contacted by the Office of the President. Information about the recipients of the awards will not be shared with nominators or the Augsburg community until all contact has been made by the Office of the President.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Katie Code ’01, Director of Alumni & Constituent Relations with any questions or clarifications at email@example.com or 612-330-1178
Learn more about Homecoming 2018 See a full list of recipients