Explore vocation while serving at a faith-based nonprofit
Current Augsburg College Sophomores and Juniors:
- Are you curious about the idea of being called to serve your neighbors in a work-setting?
- Wondering about how your talents, skills, and passions can inform your career decision making?
- Interested in exploring purpose, meaning, and vocation in a practical way?
- Looking for a paid work/internship experience for Spring Semester 2016?
If yes to all of these, we invite you to apply to be a Christensen Vocation Intern.
Some benefits and responsibilities include:
- Direct work experience at a faith-based non-profit organization.
- Students of any major and any faith background can participate.
- Participate in a bi-weekly seminar with other interns–read, reflect, and share about vocational discernment.
- Duration: 10-12 weeks, 8-10 hours/week; PAID internship for 100 hours during Spring 2016 semester.
- Completed Christensen internships can be eligible for the Augsburg Experience.
There are three potential placement sites for these internships. View the site-specific internship positions on the Strommen Center’s AUGPOST website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a packet of the job positions.
Deadline and application instructions:
NOTE – Submit the following either through AugPost or to email@example.com by December 16:
- Names and contact information of two references – at least one Augsburg faculty or staff
- Cover letter and/or essay which addresses the following questions-
- Why are you interested in exploring the concept of calling and career-decision making?
- What knowledge/skills/experiences are you eager to bring to the internship?
- What knowledge/skills/experience do you hope to develop or enhance during the internship?
- Which Christensen intern site(s) would you like to be considered for and why?
The Christensen Interns will be selected based on strong interest in exploring vocation, call, and career interests in faith-based or service organizations, as well as potential match with the internship site’s needs.
Questions? Contact Lonna Field at 612-330-1467 or firstname.lastname@example.org