Admission to Scholastic Connections happens through an application process. A selection committee reviews applications and decides on the new scholars mid-spring semester.
Each year about five-six new recipients are selected. Recipients receive a $5000 scholarship for the academic year. Program participation may be renewed for succeeding years provided Scholars meet the eligibility requirements as detailed on the Scholastic Connections award letter.
Benefits to being in the SC networking community
- Access to someone who has been to Augsburg and completed their undergraduate degree
- Access to someone successful in their field
- Opportunity to get to know new people
- Receive recognition and support for who you are and what you are doing
- Personal growth and development
- Career development and planning
- Potential guidance and coaching
Preparing to be in a networking community
To maximize the experience, Scholars are encouraged to spend time reflecting on what it takes to be in a networking community, through a series of self reflection questions:
- Who am I?
- Where do I come from?
- What is my learning style?
- How do I prefer to be directed/guided?
- How do I respond to feedback, positive and negative?
- What skills are required to be an effective student and professional?
- Which of these skills do I have?
- What do I want out of this relationship?
- What do I want to know about the alumni volunteers and other students?
- What are my goals in this program?
- What might be some stumbling blocks that might get in the way of my success?
- What strategies might I employ for block-busting?