PEOPLE’S CENTER CLINICS AND SERVICES (PCCS)
425 20th Avenue South (one block west from Augsburg, off Riverside Avenue)
Augsburg University contracts with the People’s Center a neighborhood family practice clinic, to provide a wide range of health care services year-round for uninsured Augsburg students. The People’s Center also accepts most insurances. Students with insurance should contact their insurance customer service number to confirm that the People’s Center is in their provider network.
Uninsured Augsburg students may see a family physician at the People’s Center for a $5 co-pay (on showing their Augsburg identification card). Some other services at the People’s Center (such as some lab work) are included in the Augsburg contract, others are not. Students using the Augsburg contract at the People’s Center should thoroughly read the contract below to familiarize themselves with what is, and is not, covered. Call the Center for Wellness & Counseling if you have questions about what is covered, or if you think you have been billed in error (612-330-1707).
Augsburg Student Health Service Agreement With People’s Center Clinics and Services
June 1, 2019 through May 31, 2020
People’s Center Clinic, agrees to provide student health services to enrolled Augsburg University Students according to the following guidelines.
For students without insurance: $5 co-pay
- Students are responsible for $5.00 co-pay at the time of their visit under the Augsburg Student Health Service Agreement.
- People’s Center Clinic will provide the following services that ARE COVERED by the Augsburg contract:
- Office visits for acute or chronic medical problems
- Annual physical exams 1 per year
- Lab tests drawn and completed at PCCS
- X-rays performed at PCCS (exclusive of the charge for the radiologist interpretation)
- Tetanus immunization
- Tuberculosis skin test (Mantoux)
- Casts, crutches, splints, slings and ace bandages
- Allergy injections (prescription and supply must be provided by student)
- Flu Shots
- The following services may be provided by PCCS but are NOT COVERED by the Augsburg contract. When provided, these services would be subject to the usual PCCS sliding-scale policy for uninsured patients WITH an additional nominal fee. The nominal fee may be waived due to hardship per the PCCS sliding scale policy.
- Sports physicals
- Charges for all laboratory tests that are required to be sent out to Quest lab (Of note, Quest has agreed to cover cost for most labs for most uninsured patients however, individual patients MAY be billed)
- Psychological services. These services are covered by the Augsburg Center for Wellness & Counseling
- All immunizations, except tetanus and influenza
- Birth control, ie: IUDs, Depo, etc. (For birth control, students will need to access community centers such as: Planned Parenthood. See Sexual Health page).
- The following services are not provided by PCCS but may be ordered in the course and scope of usual care and are NOT COVERED by the Augsburg contract and would be the student’s responsibility:
- All laboratory charges that are required to be sent to an outside lab other than Quest
- X-rays not performed at PCCS
- Radiology services (ie the professional charges for x-ray interpretation whether performed onsite or elsewhere.
For students with insurance:
- PCCS will bill the student’s insurance company for all charges.
- The remaining balance after insurance has processed the claim is the responsibility of the student.
- Students are responsible for knowing what a covered service is and what is not covered by the Augsburg contract. Services that are not covered under the Augsburg contract are the responsibility of the student.
- Students are responsible for services not provided by PCCS, including any hospital, urgent care, or emergency services.
- Students are responsible for any co-pays, deductibles, or a balance remaining after insurance has processed the claims.
- Augsburg students covered under this contract are subject to the same rights and responsibilities of other PCCS patients. Students shall also be subject to the Augsburg University Student Code of Conduct while receiving services at PCCS.