DNP – TRANSCULTURAL NURSING LEADERSHIP
Augsburg University DNP- Transcultural Nursing Leadership Track encourages qualified applicants from other countries to apply to our graduate programs. An F-1 student is a nonimmigrant who is pursuing a “full course of study” to achieve a specific educational or professional objective, at an academic institution in the United States that has been designated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to offer courses of study to such students, and has been enrolled in SEVIS (the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System).Start Your Application
- Master’s degree in nursing from the nationally accredited institution of Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or National Leauge for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)
- Current unencumbered RN license to practice in the U.S.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 grading scale in master’s program.
- Evidence of a completed graduate-level research course
- Previous professional practice experience preferred
- Satisfactory results of a certified federal criminal background check at the time of admission and annually thereafter; additional testing may be required for clinical placement, e.g. alcohol-drug testing, HIV testing, etc.
DNP students can start the program each fall.
Complete the online application.
Applications will be considered through June for a Fall 2017 entry Space is limited, so early application is recommended.
International Transcript Evaluations
Augsburg requires an evaluation of credentials for any transcript(s) from an institution outside of the United States.
This evaluation should include the following:
- Analysis of credentials to determine if your degree is equivalent to an accredited U.S. bachelor’s degree and masters degree in nursing.
- Calculation of grade point average to demonstrate your cumulative grade point average using the standard U.S. grading system, i.e., A=4.0, B=3.0, C=2.0, D=1.0, F=0.0.
- Translation to English (if applicable)
United States Transcripts
If you attended university in the United States, you will need to submit an official transcript from each college/university you attended. If prompted by your institution to provide an e-mail address to which e-transcripts can be sent, please send to email@example.com. Transcripts sent via mail should be sent to: Graduate Admissions, 2211 Riverside Ave, Campus Box 65. Minneapolis, MN 55454.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
To meet Augsburg University admission requirements, applicants must provide evidence of a sufficient command of both written and spoken English to study college courses conducted entirely in English. The following is a list of the tests and programs Augsburg University accepts as evidence for English proficiency.
- TOEFL: Minimum score of 80 on the Internet Based TOEFL (iBT) with a sub score of 20 on the written and 20 on the speaking sections.
- IELTS: Minimum score of score report of 6.5.
- MELAB: Minimum score of 80, and score report must be accompanied by an official letter from the testing coordinator.
Successful completion of a previous undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited college or university in the US, the United Kingdom, Ireland, English-speaking Canada, New Zealand or Australia
Current Curriculum Vitae (Resume)
A resume or curriculum vitae of education, work experience and professional association/publications
Letters of reference
Three letters of reference from individuals that can give an assessment of your professional and/or academic abilities. When applying online, you will be asked to provide the names and email addresses of three recommenders. Our online application system will then send an email to each recommender with instructions on how to submit a recommendation. Recommenders upload a letter in support of the applicant. Recommenders do have the option to email the letter of recommendation directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Statement of Practice Hours
A statement describing practice (clinical) hours completed in a nationally accredited graduate nursing program. (A maximum of 600 practice hours will be accepted in the DNP Portfolio)
Three page typed double spaced essay demonstrating ability to write in a thoughtful, coherent manner. Respond to this excerpt from Wendell Berry’s essay, “Health is Membership.” “I believe that the community—in the fullest sense: a place and all its creatures—is the smallest unit of health and that to speak of the health of an isolated individual is a contradiction in terms.”
Items can be attached to the application or sent directly to email@example.com.