DNP – TRANSCULTURAL NURSING LEADERSHIP
Augsburg University DNP- Transcultural Nursing Leadership Track encourages qualified applicants from other countries to apply to our graduate programs. An F-1 student is a nonimmigrant who is pursuing a “full course of study” to achieve a specific educational or professional objective, at an academic institution in the United States that has been designated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to offer courses of study to such students, and has been enrolled in SEVIS (the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System).Start Your Application
- Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited institution.
- Current unencumbered RN license to practice in the U.S.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 grading scale in a master’s in nursing program.
- Evidence of a completed graduate-level research course.
- Evidence of up-to-date immunizations.
- Satisfactory results of a certified federal criminal background check.
DNP students can start the program each fall.
Applications will be considered through July for a Fall entry Space is limited, so early application is recommended. The priority deadline is May 15.
Decisions about admission to the program will be made on an individual basis. Selection of candidates will be made on the basis of an evaluation of the following items for each applicant:
- Completed Online Application.
- Essay: 2-3 page typed double spaced essay demonstrating ability to write in a thoughtful, coherent manner. Essay should be written in APA format. Applicants should respond to this excerpt from Wendell Berry’s essay, “Health is Membership.” “I believe that the community—in the fullest sense: a place and all its creatures—is the smallest unit of health and that to speak of the health of an isolated individual is a contradiction in terms.”
- (3) Professional Letters of Reference: Letters of reference from individuals that can give an assessment of your professional and/or academic abilities.
- Personal Interview with Augsburg Nursing Faculty: After the initial review of the application, your admissions counselor will notify you if you are invited to interview.
- Current Curriculum Vitae (Resume): A resume or curriculum vitae of education, work experience and professional association/publications
- Transcripts: Applicants must submit an official transcript(s) from each institution where a degree was earned, as well as from the most recently attended institution, if not the same.
- Military veterans are required to submit all official transcripts from previously attended institutions to qualify for military benefits.
- In the case where prerequisite requirements exist or transfer credits or waivers are sought, official transcripts are required from institutions at which the prerequisites or equivalents were completed.
- The Program Director may ask for additional transcripts if determined to be necessary.
International Transcript Evaluations
Augsburg requires an evaluation of credentials for any transcript(s) from an institution outside of the United States.
This evaluation should include the following:
- Analysis of credentials to determine if your degree is equivalent to an accredited U.S. bachelor’s degree and masters degree in nursing.
- Calculation of grade point average to demonstrate your cumulative grade point average using the standard U.S. grading system, i.e., A=4.0, B=3.0, C=2.0, D=1.0, F=0.0.
- Translation to English (if applicable)
United States Transcripts
If you attended university in the United States, you will need to submit an official transcript from each college/university you attended. If prompted by your institution to provide an e-mail address to which e-transcripts can be sent, please send to email@example.com. Transcripts sent via mail should be sent to: Graduate Admissions, 2211 Riverside Ave, Campus Box 65. Minneapolis, MN 55454.
English Language Proficiency
To meet Augsburg University admission requirements, applicants must provide evidence of a sufficient command of both written and spoken English to study college courses conducted entirely in English. The following is a list of the tests and programs Augsburg University accepts as evidence for English proficiency.
- TOEFL: Minimum score of 80 on the Internet Based TOEFL (iBT) with a sub score of 20 on the written and 20 on the speaking sections.
- IELTS: Minimum score of score report of 6.5.
- MELAB: Minimum score of 80, and score report must be accompanied by an official letter from the testing coordinator
- Successful completion of a previous undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited college or university in the US, the United Kingdom, Ireland, English-speaking Canada, New Zealand or Australia
In addition to the requirements noted above, applicants who have graduated from a foreign nursing program may request the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) (www.cgfns.org) to forward their educational credentials report to the Minnesota State Board of Nursing. Once their credentials are verified, applicants must apply for licensure and demonstrate successful passing of the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX).
Nurses who have previously submitted CGFNS credential verification in a state other than Minnesota, who have passed the NCLEX, will be considered for admission and must meet the same residency requirements expected of all students.
Items can be attached to the application or sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.