Psychology – Jeanne Turner

I love connecting with passionate educators from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Learning from one another is truly the best professional development there is. Even though I am an experienced teacher, I am always learning from others, and continuing to improve my instruction.

I started the course in the Linn-Mar School district in 2003, and it has grown ever since, allowing me to train additional colleagues for the program. Together we have maintained a passing rate of 88% or better, and consistently score above state and global averages. Our program has even produced two students with perfect scores.
Extensive experience with AP reading has also been advantage in teaching this course. Beginning in 2006, I have served in the roles of reader, table leader, and question leader. These opportunities assisted me the continual development of the AP psychology curriculum and influenced strategies and pedagogical tools.

In addition, I have worked extensively with the pillar model in the new National Standards (published in Feb of 2022), as well as assisted in piloting the Introductory Psychology Initiative (IPI), on which the national standards are based.

Jeanne Turner is teaching one workshop at Augsburg this summer. See our registration site with the button below.