Last week there were thunderstorms (see photo, below). This week, snow. But construction of the Hagfors Center for Science, Business, and Religion continues.
CONSTRUCTION SITE WORK
Construction work this week includes the following activities:
- Roofing vapor barrier. Construction crews have begun putting down the vapor barrier–a tar primer–on the roof of both wings. That work will be completed by mid-week. In roughly a month, the same vapor barrier will be applied to the roof of the lobby area and skyway. That work will be completed within a week’s time as well, weather permitting. We will provide an updated timeline after the lobby and skyway roof work are scheduled.
- Lobby roof. The final concrete pour for the lobby roof is scheduled this week.
- North stair. Installation of the north stair, near South 6th Street on the north wing of the building, is anticipated to begin this week.
- Precast exterior brick. Installation of the exterior brick precast panels continues and is scheduled to start on the north side of the building this week. Crews will also begin setting window frames into the exterior walls by the end of the week.
- Fireproofing. Fireproofing in the main lobby area continues this week. The area has been sealed off with plastic to maintain the required temperature for this work.
- Mechanical and electrical. Installation of mechanical and electrical works continues this week on all floors of the north wing.
Planned street closure after the end of the fall semester: During the holiday break, crews will close 21st Avenue South to through traffic between South 6th and South 7th streets to pour the floor of the skyway. The exact dates for this work are being affirmed and depend upon weather conditions.