Site preparation on the Hagfors Center construction site began one year ago — in April 2016. Today, as Augsburg heads into the final month of the spring 2017 semester, construction continues on both the exterior and interior of the building.
Construction Site Work
- Back entrance. With the tower crane removed, work on the back entrance — near the community gardens — is underway. (See photo at right.)
- Window accent colors. This week, crews will begin installing the metal panels on the sides of the bump-outs on the Hagfors Center, providing an initial image of the accent colors on the building.
- Main entrance. The hand-set brick work is in progress at the main entrance.
- Green roof. Work has started on the waterproofing for the green roof that will be on top of the flexible classroom
- Fourth-floor exterior. Installation of the metal panels and louvers is underway on the fourth-floor exterior walls.
- Temporary fencing in community garden. Crews will begin installing an additional temporary fence in community garden area this week, marking where grading work will need to take place this summer. The grading work will affect several plots on the edge of the community garden. Campus Kitchen staff have met with McGough Construction about planned construction site work and will be coordinating with gardeners for the 2017 growing season.
- Scaffolding in lobby area. Crews have installed scaffolding to create a temporary work platform in the upper level of the lobby (see photo at right). The work platform will enable work at the upper level of the lobby area. It is expected to be in place for one to two months.
- North elevator. Installation of the hydraulic elevator at the north end of the building is in progress.
- Tile work. Tile work is progressing in the basement and first-floor bathrooms and shower areas.
- Lights and electrical conduit. The picture below, at left, shows the current status of the ceiling in a typical lab in the basement level, with lighting installed and conduit in place to support lab-station power needs.
- Basement mechanical room. The basement mechanical room (temporarily being used as a lunch room for construction crew members) is shown in the picture below at right.