Degree Requirements 2022-2023
The Exercise Science BA program prepares students with practical application and the knowledge needed to become an exercise professional in the area of personal training, sport specific training, coaching or as community health professional specializing in fitness appraisals, wellness coaching and consultations.
The Exercise Science BA students will also be prepared to move on to graduate school.
Exercise Science Major, BA
- HPE 104 – Components of Fitness Training
- HPE 115 – Chemical Dependency Education
- HPE 150 – Introduction to Health, Physical Education, and Exercise Science
- HPE 214 – Health and Safety Education
- HPE 215 – Health and Exercise Psychology
- HPE 300 – Nutrition for Exercise Science
- HPE 315 – Exercise Testing and Prescription
- HPE 321 – Motor Learning and Development
- HPE 350 – Kinesiology
- HPE 357 – Research Methods and Measurement in Health, Physical Education, and Exercise Science
- HPE 370 – Prevention and Care of Athletic Injuries
- HPE 397/399 – Internship in Exercise Science
- HPE 404 – Advanced Fitness Training
- HPE 450 – Current Health Issues
- HPE 451 – Physiology of Exercise
- HPE 452 – Advanced Biomechanics
- HPE 490 – Exercise Science Seminar and Keystone
- BIO 103 – Human Anatomy and Physiology
For a complete list of courses and descriptions, see the Course Description Search.