Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, and Asexual (LGBTQIA+) Student Services works to improve the campus environment for all students, staff, faculty, and visitors at Augsburg University by developing and supporting inclusive understandings of gender and sexuality. We aim to do this by:
- Advising, advocacy, mentorship, and support for LGBTQIA+ -identified students;
- Development of student knowledge and leadership skills;
- Promoting awareness and visibility for the LGBTQIA+ community on campus;
- Providing networking and social opportunities for the LGBTQIA+ and allied campus community;
- Training students, staff, and faculty about gender and sexual equity to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment;
- Advocating for change in policies, practices, and procedures across the campus to be more equitable to LGBTQIA individuals.
Campus Pride “Top 30” LGBTQ-Friendly Campus
Augsburg University was named one of the “Top 30” LGBTQ-Friendly Campuses in 2018 by Campus Pride, as well as receiving a 5 out of 5 star rating. The index is used as a benchmark to look at various colleges’ and universities’ progress around making their institutions welcoming and inclusive to LGBTQIA+ -identified students. The index looks at a number of variables in its scoring, including LGBTQIA+ policy inclusion, support and institutional commitment, academic life, student life, housing, campus safety, counseling and health, and recruitment and retention efforts.
For more information, contact Michael Grewe, Director of LGBTQIA+ Student Services, at email@example.com or 612-330-1499. You can also stop by our office in Christensen Center, Room 1C.