LGBTQIA+ Student Services is wishing you strength and resiliency during these uncertain times.
Please use this page to get updates and insight on practices LGBTQIA+ Student Services is taking in response to COVID-19 concerns. We anticipate that plans will continue to change as we learn more information, and we will keep you updated on those changes as they happen. You can also stay up-to-date on the University’s operations by frequently visiting the Outbreak Planning Page.
LGBTQIA+ Staff Availability & Space Closures
LGBTQIA+ Student Services will not be open during Fall 2020. The Auggies Nest will be open, but with limited capacity at 10 people maximum. LGBTQIA+ staff will not be holding in-person meetings, and will be working on campus at reduced capacity. If you wish to meet with LGBTQIA+ staff, please email us at email@example.com
To contact LGBTQIA+ staff, visit our staff page for contact information.
Opportunities to Engage with the LGBTQIA+ SS
LGBTQIA+ Student Services will be providing virtual and socially distant spaces for our community members throughout the academic year. Look for the latest updates on our Facebook and Instagram as they become available.
Proactive Tips for Promoting Health
Please remember to participate in as many health precautions as possible. There are several simple, but effective steps we can take to maintain a healthy environment during this time. Participating in the precautions below not only help protect yourself, but those in proximity to you. We recommend following the CDC preventative guidelines :
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Practice effective hand-washing
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe. Please make sure to consider chemical sensitivities and allergies when selecting cleaning products.
- Wear a face covering at all times indoors – and outdoors when maintaining 6ft distance is not possible
Remember! Download the Campus Clear app – and check in daily!
We know there will continue to be questions and concerns, and we are working intentionally to provide updated information and opportunities to engage through distance. Please continue pouring energy and intentionality into taking care of yourself and others. Stay tuned for more information regarding our programming.
LGBTQIA+ COVID-19 Community Resources
- Access weekly community calls with the National Transgender Law Center on Thursdays at 4pm CST for information and community-building tailored for transgender communities in COVID-19 context. Can’t attend a call? View their recordings as well.
- Learn about LGBTQ+ funding opportunities, including emergency grants on the Funders for LGBTQ Issues’ database.
- View important information compiled by the National LGBT Cancer Network for frequently asked questions about LGBTQ risk and prevention factors for COVID-19.
- Looking for other resources for LGBTQ+ communities in light of COVID-19?
Check out the National Center for Transgender Equality’s list.