Grading Options for Fall 2020
On December 16, 2020, Augsburg approved Temporary Changes for Grading Options for Fall 2020. Please see that document for details about changes from grading policies found in the University catalogs.
Grading changes for Spring and Summer 2020
In consultation with University leadership, the following changes have been made to academic deadlines and policies for Spring 2020 and Summer 2020.
- The deadline to change grading option in Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 was extended to one week past the grading deadline for the course (Spring 2020 Time 1 courses excluded). Achievement of a C- or higher is required to earn a P grade in undergraduate classes. Achievement of a D-, D, or D+ is required to earn an LP grade in undergraduate classes. Please note, however, that the LP grade will not meet requirements for courses that require a minimum C- or P grade (e.g. ENL111, Modern Language requirement, prerequisites, etc.).
- For students in certain graduate-level courses, the option to declare P/LP/N grading has been added for Spring 2020 and Summer 2020. Achievement of a B or higher is required to earn a P grade in graduate-level courses. Please note that students in graduate-level Nursing or Doctor of Psychology will not be permitted to change to P/N grading.
- A full explanation of these grading policy changes can be found on the Temporary Changes for Spring 2020 document as well as the Temporary Changes for Summer 2020 document.
- Undergraduate policy: Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 Pass/Low Pass credits will not be counted into the maximum number of P/LP credits that may be applied to graduation (24 credits) or the maximum number of P/LP credits that may be applied to a major (8* credits) or minor (4* credits).
- Students who were scheduled to participate in the Spring 2020 commencement ceremony have two opportunities: a virtual ceremony at the end of May and an in-person ceremony to be held when large groups can safely gather. Students can participate in both ceremonies. Please see Augsburg’s commencement website for more information as it becomes available.
- Undergraduate students currently enrolled in internships that meet the “Augsburg Experience” requirement will receive a “P” (pass) once they complete the self-evaluation and reflection paper, as noted in a recent communication from the Strommen Center to enrolled students. Students are asked to communicate with their site supervisors to determine if they can complete their hours, but Augsburg will honor work already completed as meeting the requirement if it is not possible to continue. Students earning credit for Augsburg Experience through embedded course requirements should confer with their instructor on the specific policies that apply to them.
*Unless otherwise specified by an academic department in the catalog
additional faculty resources
- With the likely increase in recorded classroom sessions, the Registrar’s Office has prepared information about FERPA and classroom recording. In situations where a FERPA consent form is required, please see the Classroom Recording Consent Form.
For more information about our institutional response, visit Augsburg’s outbreak planning page.