In consultation with University leadership, the following changes have been made to academic deadlines and policies for Spring 2020.
- The deadline to declare P/N grading for undergraduate courses has been extended to Friday, May 1 and is available via the Grading Option Change Google form. Achievement of a C- or higher is required to earn a P grade in undergraduate classes.
- For students in certain graduate-level courses, the option to declare P/N grading has been added for Spring 2020 only. This option is available through May 1 and can be selected via the Grading Option Change Google form. Achievement of a B or higher is required to earn a P grade in graduate-level courses. Please note that students in graduate-level Nursing or Doctor of Psychology will not be permitted to change to P/N grading.
- A full explanation of this P/N policy change can be found on the Temporary Changes to Grading Options document published in March 2020.
- Spring 2020 Pass credits will not be counted into the maximum number of P credits that may be applied to graduation (24 credits) or the maximum number of P credits that may be applied to a major (8* credits) or minor (4* credits).
- Students who were scheduled to participate in the Spring 2020 commencement ceremony will be given the option to participate in the next commencement ceremony. Please see Augsburg’s commencement website for more information as it becomes available.
- Undergraduate students currently enrolled in internships that meet the “Augsburg Experience” requirement will receive a “P” (pass) once they complete the self-evaluation and reflection paper, as noted in a recent communication from the Strommen Center to enrolled students. Students are asked to communicate with their site supervisors to determine if they can complete their hours, but Augsburg will honor work already completed as meeting the requirement if it is not possible to continue. Students earning credit for Augsburg Experience through embedded course requirements should confer with their instructor on the specific policies that apply to them.
additional faculty resources
- With the likely increase in recorded classroom sessions, the Registrar’s Office has prepared information about FERPA and classroom recording. In situations where a FERPA consent form is required, please see the Classroom Recording Consent Form.
For more information about our institutional response, visit Augsburg’s outbreak planning page.