See the Augsburg Coronavirus Planning Website and frequently check your Augsburg email for the most up to date information.
Click here for information about what to do if you are sick or have been exposed.Fill out the Resident Students Next Steps Form
Residential units may have 2 guests – 2 people who do not live in the unit. The guests may be friends from any residence hall. Guests do not include students who live off campus or family/friends. We want to open doors in the residence halls to students who are on campus everyday and may not be out in the community as much as family and friends who do not live here.
- How the policy works
- The guest policy allows for 2 guests in the residential unit, not 2 guests for each person living in the unit. For example, in a Mort 2 bedroom/4 person apartment, the 4 residents may invite a total of 2 people to visit them in the apartment. This does not mean that 2 of the residents have 2 guests in their bedroom and the other 2 residents have 2 guests in their bedroom. The policy allows for a total of 2 guests per residential unit.
- Why only two guests per unit instead of two guests per person?
- Transmission is occurring in small groups of people who relax and feel comfortable with each other which leads them to remove their mask/face covering. It is at those times when we have seen students transmit the virus. We want to turn the dial slowly and not risk community spread that could lead us to no guests.
- What happens if the policy is violated?
- Students who are suspected of violating this policy will be subject to the University’s Conduct Accountability Process. Students found responsible will face sanctions, including the possibility of losing the privilege to continue living on campus.
- The policy is in place to protect the health and wellbeing of our students. Living on campus is an important decision students make and violating the guest policy puts that opportunity in jeopardy. Losing the privilege of living on campus is a significant sanction and one that I do not want you to lose. I encourage you to keep the sanctions in mind when making decisions about hosting or being a guest.
Dining Services are open in limited locations on campus with adjusted hours. Please see the Augsburg Dining Services Website for more information.
Meal Schedule in the Commons
Monday through Friday
• continental breakfast from 7-10:00 a.m.
• lunch from 11-2:00 p.m.
• dinner from 4:30-7:00 p.m.
Saturdays and Sundays
• brunch from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
•dinner from 5-7:00 p.m.
Moving off campus
You will also need to schedule a move out time. See the full details of moving out on the Residence Life Move Out Page.
Residence Life Programming
Residence Life will continue to engage the residential community through virtual or distance programming. Stay connected with your RA through Residence Life text messaging 612-217-1922 or email your RA.
Residence Life virtual events will be posted on the University Calendar.
Ideas for things to do when you are social distancing at home:
- Check out the Augsburg Athletics website for at home workouts
- Do virtual workouts with your friends over zoom or Google Hangouts
- Free museum virtual tours
- Go for a walk outside
- Download a language learning app
- Free coloring apps / puzzle apps
- Watch videos with your friends using Netflix Party or Kast
- Read an eBook through the Augsburg Library