2023-2024 Housing contract will be available spring 2023.
Accessibility and Accommodations
If you have a physical, mental health, or other disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation or modification in order to have an equal opportunity and meaningful access in campus housing, documentation from an appropriate licensed professional supporting your request must be provided to the CLASS/Disability Resources office. Questions about disability-related accommodations may be directed to CLASS/Disability Resources at (612) 330-1053 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For priority consideration, please submit requests no later than February 10, 2023 (for current students) July 7, 2023 (for incoming students). While we will evaluate requests received after these dates on an individual basis, we cannot guarantee we will have the appropriate spaces available after this date.
We’re so excited to welcome you to the residential Auggie community for the upcoming 2023–2024 academic year! Information regarding first year move-in will be posted June 2023.
What to Bring
- Desk lamp
- Bucket or basket to carry toiletries
- Storage crates
- UL-approved multiple outlet strips (with circuit breaker)
- Extra-long bed sheets (36″ x 80″)
- Shower sandals
- Appliances with self-contained, thermostatically controlled heating elements with automatic shut off may be used in student rooms
- Appliances with open heating elements (e.g., coffee maker, griddle)
- Fish that are in tanks no larger than 10 gallons
- Posters, pictures, decorations (see Seasonal Decorations Policy)
- Stereo, computer, TV, DVD player, video games
To make your room your home away from home, consider bringing posters, pictures, decorations, and favorites from your bedroom.
What to Leave at Home
To prevent injuries, fires, and loss of property and lives, you may not use or store the following items in the residence hall:
- Fridges (they are provided in your room!)
- Microwaves (they are provided in your room!)
- Flammable fluids
- Potpourri pots with an open flame
- Hot plates
- Pizza ovens
- Air conditioners (unless approved by Residence Life and installed by Facilities Management)
- Illegal weapons
- Fireworks, firecrackers, or bottle rockets
- Hunting items
- Explosive devices
- Halogen lamps
- Personal bed frames, mattresses, or springs (unless authorized by the CLASS Office)
- Cinder blocks and bricks
- Pets (unless approved by the CLASS Office)
- Appliances with immersion coils, water heaters without thermostatic controls, and exposed coils (e.g., space heaters, toasters) unless provided by Residence Life or Department of Facilities Management
- Natural evergreen trees, boughs, and wreaths
- Hot tubs
Appliances must have enclosed heating elements and have the underwriter’s laboratory approval. The University reserves the right to, and will, remove unauthorized or dangerous electrical appliances, lighting, or items.