Please visit the A’viands website to learn more about meal plans or to purchase flex points.
MEAL PLAN RATES 2019-2020
|Meal Plan Options||Full Year||Semester|
|15-Plus Meal Plan with 100 flex points||$4,996||$2,498|
|10-Plus Meal Plan with 150 flex points||$4,500||$2,250|
|5-Plus Meal Plan with 345 flex points||$4,090||$2,045|
|Block 100 with 345 flex points||$4,200||$2,100|
|Block 150 with 150 flex points||$4,500||$2,250|
Residential students select a meal plan when completing their Residence Life and Meal Plan Contract. All payments are processed through Student Financial Services. For questions related to payment please reach out to Student Financial Services at 612-330-1046 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Block meal plans provide 100 or 150 meals for the semester, they can be used in any amount during the week; the unused meals carry over from week to week until the end of the semester.
There are flexible dining options for all meal plans:
- You can purchase an Eco To-Go container which costs $6.42 (tax included) at the Commons cash register. Simply fill it with your meal and take it with you to refrigerate and eat at a time of your choosing. Bring in the dirty container the next time you would like to pick up a meal to go and exchange it for a clean container at the Commons cash register. You may use your flex points to purchase this container.
- You can order a sack lunch for pick up! Order your lunch the day beforehand on the A’viands’ website and pick it up between 7:30am and 10:30am.
- For any meal plan, you may substitute one meal per week at the dining commons for a meal at Einstein Bros. Bagels or Nabo Cafe.
|If you would like to purchase FLEX points or learn more about it, visit A’viands’ website|
Want to change your meal plan?
Upper class residents may change their meal plans at the beginning of each semester. Please email email@example.com with your request. A confirmation email will be sent to you. According to the housing contract, changes can be made to the meal plan until the 5th day of classes of Fall or Spring semester.
Requesting a dietary modification?
You may request dietary accommodations, which may involve being released from the meal plan Modification requests must be made three weeks before the meal plan changes deadlines shown above. Please view this page to learn more about dietary accommodations.
MyFitnessPal is now available:
Continuing our commitment to helping our guests make healthy dining choices, A’viands has partnered with MyFitnessPal, a free, comprehensive nutrition and fitness system that makes it easy for you to attain your goals and live healthier by providing real-time tracking. Guests can search our menu items, view nutritionals and track them to their daily diary. Search A’viands in MyFitnessPal to get started today.
Check out nutritional information for your favorite menu items with MyFitnessPal.
1) Go to this link to learn more about MyFitnessPal or open the MyFitnessPal app on your smartphone.
2) Scroll to the bottom of the webpage to find MyFitnessPal Food Search
3) Type in A’viands & enter food item into the food search box.
4) Click on desired item and nutrition information will appear.
What do the points mean and where may they be used?
Points may be used to purchase food at Einstein Bros. Bagels Shop and the dining room in the Christensen Center, Kafe Kafeega in the Hagfors Center, and Nabo: A Neighborhood Cafe in the Oren Gateway Center.
What is each point worth?
Each point is equivalent to $1.
Do I have to have a meal plan?
All residents in Anderson Hall, Mortensen Hall, and Urness Hall are required to have a meal plan. First Year residential students, regardless of residency, are required to select the 15-Plus meal plan. StepUP Program students are required to have a meal plan for the first two academic semesters in the program (this does not include summer).