If you have any questions, please text us at 612-217-1922 or call 612-330-1526.
All residents must fill out the Resident Students Next Steps Form to help us ensure we have the appropriate resources available and to aid in the coordination of move-outs. This includes out of state residents and students who are off campus waiting to check out.
Please continue to monitor for updates on the Augsburg Coronavirus Planning Website
How to check out of your space
- Connect with your roommate(s) to coordinate your move out plans
- Schedule a block of time to move out
- Move your belongings out of your room, wipe down your personal spaces prior to leaving, and lock the unit.
- Drop off your keys – Use the express vacate envelopes on the Residence Life desk. Fill out the envelope, enclose your key, and slide it into the gold mail slot of the main Residence Life door in the Urness/Mortensen lobby.
- IMPORTANT: Inform us that you have successfully moved out and returned your key by sending a text message to 612-217-1922 (Residence Life’s text message number).
Quick Answers for Checking Out
Fobs: You are not required to turn in your fob at checkout.
Bedlofts and Microfridges: You can leave your bedloft and microfridge in your unit when you move out. We always have our vendor pick up equipment at the end of the academic year. Please make sure you disassemble your bedloft as you are able. We will update with more information as we are in conversations with our vendor.
Cleaning your space: We ask that you remove all your personal items and wipe down your personal space.
Carts: Carts will not be available given safety protocols in place.
Dumpsters: Large dumpsters will be located behind Mortensen Hall. Please use this for any large items that you need to throw away that upon move out.
Connect with your roommate(s)
Connect with your roommate(s) to coordinate your move out plans to best follow social distancing guidelines. We recommend that you allow for a minimum of 3 days apart between each move out. Minnesota Department Heath states that the virus remains active for 72 hours.
Schedule your move out time
Sign up for your check out time below:
- Anderson Hall Move Out Sign Up
- Luther Hall Move Out Sign Up
- Mortensen Hall Move Out Sign Up
- Oren Hall Move Out Sign Up
- Urness Hall Move Out Sign Up
If you’re not able to find a time, please reach out to email@example.com
Moving your items out of your room
Move your belongings out of your room, wipe down your personal spaces prior to leaving, and lock the unit.
Consider efficient moving practices.
Techniques for success:
- Pack up your personal items in your room
- Move boxes and items into the hallway.
- Move boxes and items to the elevators or stairwell.
- Make focused trips between elevators to the outside doors of the hall.
- Follow social distancing guidelines and keep 6 feet between you and others.
Carts will not be available given safety protocols in place.
Sidewalks cannot be used for vehicles during the checkout process.
Drop off your keys
Use the express vacate envelopes on the Residence Life desk in the Urness/Mortensen lobby. Fill out the envelope, enclose your key, and slide it into the gold mail slot of the main Residence Life door in the Urness/Mortensen lobby.
If you prefer to use your own envelope – Required envelope information:
- Name, Hall, Room number
- Date of move out
Damages and Cost Sheet
Your space should be cleaned and possessions removed from the space before departing.
The Damage Cost Sheet listed below details the costs associated with common damages to residence life spaces. We encourage you to look over this spreadsheet so that you are better prepared for any possible damage costs attributed to your space
Late stay requests
Residence Life is not approving late stay requests at this time. Please email your Residence Hall Director or firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns.