For work requests needing immediate attention, call Public Safety at x1717
Physical facilities in need of repair or replacement should be brought to immediate attention through the work request system.Use the button on the following heading to expand content on Work Request System
New work request system
There is a new and simple work request system that will send your request straight to Facilities.
- Log in to augnet.augsburg.edu
- On the left menu click the link titled “Facilities Request” located towards the bottom just beneath “Parking Services”
- You will be brought to a new page. On the left hand side there is a toolbar. Click the link titled “submit a request”
- Follow the instructions on the survey (Make sure to select the “Facilities” option under “Repair Center”)
- Leave a brief and detailed request
- Hit submit to complete the request
You will receive email confirmation containing a tracking number once your request has been submitted. You can use that number to track the status of your work request on the same work request website. Once Facilities reviews your request, you will receive an update via email on the status of your request.
When a work request is turned in, please communicate this to all roommates as an authorized employee will arrive to complete the repair. Maintenance personnel will enter residential areas from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm to follow up on work requests that do not need immediate attention. There are nighttime facilities staff available for after-hour emergencies.
Please note that Laundry machine service requests go through a third party vendor, CSC Service Works. Click below to submit any laundry machine work orders (make sure to have the number of the machine when submitting the request).
Use the button on the following heading to expand content on Keys
- Locked-out of your room? Contact the Department of Public Safety at x1717 or 612-330-1717
- Lost your key(s) and/or Access Card (fob) with identification? Go to the Department of Public Safety Dispatch window located in the Urness/Mortensen Lobby for a new access card and to the Residence Life office for a new key immediately.
- Lost your key(s) WITHOUT identification? Let your Residence Hall Director know that your room needs to be re-keyed
- Has your room been re-keyed? Go to the Residence Life office located in the Urness/Mortensen Lobby to pickup your new key(s). Make sure you bring proper identification with you.
- Lost your access card (fob)? Go to the Department of Public Safety Dispatch window located in the Urness/Mortensen Lobby.
Department of Public Safety’s Dispatch window is open 24hrs/day
Augsburg University contracts third party companies to do specific services such as cable and laundry facilities. If there is an issue with these services, please fill out a concern form here.
Use the button on the following heading to expand content on Facilities
Residents are responsible to regularly clean their own assigned living spaces. Custodial services staff cleans all public and/or common areas in residence halls. Extra fees may be charged for cleaning in neglected private living areas (as determined by the Department of Residence Life). For emergency cleanups, such as an overflowing shower or toilet (wet vacuuming), immediately contact the Department of Public Safety at 612.330.1717
Use the button on the following heading to expand content on Laundry
ASI/Coinmach Corporation supplies the washers and dryers that are located in each residence hall. ASI/Coinmach Corporation is also proud to be responsible for servicing all of the washers and dryers. Please see the signs in the laundry rooms about how to easily address malfunctioning machines.
Use the button on the following heading to expand content on Cable: Comcast
Tips for if your cable is not working
- Check all connections for television – power cord, coax cable, connections for additional devices.
- Check settings for additional devices – Gaming systems, Apple TV, DVD, BlueRay, ROKU, Etc. The television will require the user to switch settings for different devices depending on which input on the television the device is plugged into.
- Understand television and devices that will be connected to the television.
- If the television is new “out of the box” a channel scan may be required
- It will be important to read the manual for the specific television as this process can vary by make and model.
- Important to note, it is unlikely that there would be an outage in some residents’ rooms and not the entire campus. If a resident is experiencing an outage it will likely be due to an above mentioned issue unless the entire campus is out.
- Make sure power is turned on.
- Make sure batteries are in the remote.Make sure to read television manual to see if remote needs to be programmed.