The AugSTEM program is designed to support Augsburg juniors and seniors who wish to pursue a career in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF DUE-1565060), AugSTEM Scholars receive scholarships of $5,000, $7,500 and $10,000 per student per year. (Differences in award amounts correspond to levels of financial need.) Scholars also become a part of the STEM community at Augsburg with opportunities for summer research, faculty mentoring, and career development.
Please note: We are currently seeking additional funding for the AugSTEM Scholars program and are not receiving applications at this time. Should we receive funding, we will post information late spring/early summer 2020 about due dates and the application process for the 2020-21 academic year.
- Enrolled full-time in a STEM major (biology, biopsychology, biochemistry, chemistry, computer science, environmental studies, mathematics, or physics)
- Within 5 semesters of graduating. Prospective transfers are welcome to contact us for assistance with developing their plans.
- Major GPA of 3.0 or higher
- U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident
- Demonstrate financial need via FAFSA
Incoming community college transfer students and Augsburg students who began their college careers at community colleges are encouraged to apply.