The AugSTEM program is designed to support Augsburg juniors and seniors who wish to pursue a career in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF#2030638), AugSTEM Scholars receive scholarships of up to $10,000 per student per year. (Differences in award amounts correspond to levels of financial need.) Scholars also become a part of the STEM community at Augsburg with opportunities for summer research, faculty mentoring, and career development.
Application deadline for the 2021-22 academic year: Thursday, May 13 at 11:59pm.
- Enrolled at least half-time in a STEM major (biology, biopsychology, biochemistry, chemistry, computer science, mathematics, or physics)
- Within 5 semesters of graduating with a STEM degree as of Fall 2021 (graduating by December ‘23).
- Major GPA of 2.75 or higher (scholars will be expected to raise their GPA to 3.0 during program participation)
- U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident
- Demonstrated financial need as determined by financial aid status (Pell or MN State grant eligible or equivalent)
Students who began their college careers at community colleges are encouraged to apply as well as students who began at Augsburg.