The AugSTEM program is designed to support Augsburg juniors and seniors who wish to pursue a career in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF DUE-1565060), AugSTEM Scholars receive scholarships of $5,000, $7,500 and $10,000 per student per year. (Differences in award amounts correspond to levels of financial need.) Scholars also become a part of the STEM community at Augsburg with opportunities for summer research, faculty mentoring, and career development.
Please note: We are currently seeking additional funding for the AugSTEM Scholars program and are not receiving applications at this time. Should we receive funding, we will post information late spring 2020 about due dates and the application process for the 2020-21 academic year.
- Enrolled full-time in a STEM major (biology, biopsychology, biochemistry, chemistry, computer science, environmental studies, mathematics, or physics)
- Within 5 semesters of graduating. Prospective transfers are welcome to contact us for assistance with developing their plans.
- Major GPA of 3.0 or higher
- U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident
- Demonstrate financial need via FAFSA
Incoming community college transfer students and Augsburg students who began their college careers at community colleges are encouraged to apply.