Internships are one of the best ways to explore career options and gain professional experience. They can also be a way to satisfy the Augsburg Experience graduation requirement.
Register Your Internship
Spring semester deadline to complete the registration for academic internships: Tuesday, January 17th (including faculty signatures)
0-Credit Augsburg Experience Internships – Registration is ongoing
UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS ONLY
STEP#1 – Complete the Internship Site Agreement Form
A confirmation email will be sent directly to your internship site supervisor.
STEP # 2 – Complete one of the following registration forms:
- INTERNSHIPS FOR CREDIT (2 or 4 credit): Internship Registration Form Discuss your internship with your faculty supervisor prior to completing this registration form. Each department has assignments that are required as part of your internship, so receiving approval in advance is important. Students registering for internships in PSY, URB, SOC, BUS have internship seminars required as part of your for-credit internship. This form will automatically be sent to your faculty supervisor, department chair and the Strommen Center for approval. Upon completion of an off-campus internship you will also fulfill your Augsburg Experience.
Please Note: Internships for credit are considered a course, so tuition is applied.
- 0-CREDIT INTERNSHIPS: Complete the online Augsburg Experience Internship Form (Minimum 80 hours per semester are required)
Schedule a 15-minute virtual registration appointment with Sandy Tilton in Handshake prior to completing the online approval form.
Internship Registration Instructions for International Students and AU Students:
Required Internship Assignments
- Internship & Augsburg Experience Requirements (internship goals form)
Other Internship Resources
- Student Testimonals-Short Internship Videos
- Site Supervisor Best Practices
- Faculty Internship Resources
- Internship Sites by Major
- Professional Development & Internship Partnerships