Posting Jobs & Internships
The Strommen Center invites you to post your full-time, part-time or internship opportunities on our online job board, Handshake.
- If this is your first time using Handshake: Sign up for an account
- If you already use Handshake at another institution, simply log in with that username and password and select Augsburg University from the list of colleges and universities.
- After logging in you will able able to post all of your part-time, full-time and volunteer opportunities for free.
- If you need assistance visit the Handshake Help page or contact us at email@example.com or 612-330-1148.
For the safety of our students and the children and families we serve, the Strommen Center does not accept postings from private families/individuals. This includes, but is not limited to, personal care assistants, nannies, and tutors. Private families may contact nanny and personal care agencies that perform screening of both care providers and families to ensure the safety of all parties involved.
There are many mutual benefits for employers and Augsburg University when employer-college partnerships are developed and maintained. Whether you are new to the recruiting process at Augsburg University or have a long association with us, we recognize that every organization has unique recruiting needs. We are here to help. Our goal is to assist you in meeting your recruiting efforts while helping our students and alumni pursue meaningful career paths that meet their interests, qualifications, and values. The Strommen Career & Internship Services provides a centralized service which supports all academic departments and students.
See the list of Augsburg’s majors and minors and academic requirements.
HOST A TABLE
Due to COVID-19 there will be no on-campus tabling until further notice.
An alternative to being on campus:
- Create an employer event in Handshake – Virtual Employer Table/Information Session (limit to 3x a semester)
- Upload a short video providing an overview of your organization and sharing your job and internship opportunities. If using youtube we can easily add your video to our Augsburg Career Services Channel.
- We ask that employers use close captions on their video so we are able to be in ADA compliance
- Optional – create a zoom link on your virtual visit day, where students can log in to ask questions.
Our Career Center will advertise your virtual table event and share your video(s) with faculty and students so they are able to watch them at any time. If questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to COVID-19 and the MDH/CDC guidelines we are not able to have recruiters on campus until further notice. We encourage employers to invite our students to events that you are hosting, create a short recorded video that we can share with faculty, student organizations and students or contact us at email@example.com to discuss possible zoom classroom visits.
Due to COVID-19 and the MDH/CDC guidelines we are requesting that interviews be held virtually.
Our career center will work with employers on recruiting students for your opportunities. We can assist employers with setting up an interview schedule in Handshake and then the employer will provide a link to your interviewing platform. We ask that employers use your own platform for hosting virtual interviews.
Due to COVID-19 we are not hosting on campus fairs until further notice.
If you are hosting career fairs or other events, please remember to invite Augsburg University students. If you post your event in Handshake you not only can invite Auggies, however, for no cost you can invite as many colleges and universities as you like. Once approved in Handshake we will advertise your external career events with the Augsburg community.
Augsburg University will be participating with the Minnesota Private College Fall Virtual Recruiting Fair, Government & Non-Profit Virtual Fair, Spring 2021 Internship and Career Fair and the Minnesota Education Career Fair.
Employer SPONSORED Pipeline Programs
Augsburg University Employer Sponsored Pipeline Programs uniquely support underrepresented students as they complete their academic career and ensure they have intentional opportunities to develop professional skills and connections. By partnering with Augsburg, employers will create brand awareness on campus, and will receive support in identifying and efficiently recruiting the next generation of engaged employees.
Each Employer Sponsored Pipeline Program is designed with the particular needs of the employer in mind, and they are all founded on four pillars which are critical to the success of the model:
- Professional Development
OUR CURRENT PARTNERS:
- Fairview Health Services/City of Minneapolis – MSP TechHire Scholars
- Midcontinent Communications – Midco Scholars
- The Travelers Companies, Inc. – Travelers EDGE Scholars
Sandy Tilton, Employer Relations & Operations Associate at 612-330-1472 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ann Ulring, Program Manager, (Pipeline Program), at 612-330-1792 or email@example.com
Lee George, Director of Corporate Relations at 612-330-1629 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us at @auggiecareers