A resume is a document that outlines your skills, experience, education, and accomplishments to employers.
- Check out our guide for How To Write A Resume.
- Make sure you are using Power Verbs when describing your experience.
Online Resume Tools
- Big Interview is a platform to learn how to give great interviews and they also have a helpful resume writing module. Use your Augsburg username and password to log into Big Interview at https://augsburg.biginterview.com.
- Visit the Candid Careers website to watch videos on how to write a resume.
RESUME & COVER LETTER REVIEWS
Located in the Strommen Center, Christensen Center (across from Einsteins)
Resume Drop-In Hours
Monday: 12:00-4:00; Tuesday: 11:30-1:30; Wednesday: 12:00-4:00; Thursday: 11:00-4:00
Students can also schedule an appointment in Handshake.
- General Resume Template
- Francesca First-Year
- Freddy First-Year
- Corey Campus
- Jordan Jobs
- Gertie Graduate (CV Sample)
A cover letter is a great opportunity to send a personal message to a potential employer. It should complement your resume by providing detailed information with a personal touch. The objective of a cover letter is to explain how you will add value to the employer’s organization. This is often the first contact you have with an employer and it’s your chance to make a great first impression. Your cover letter also serves as your writing sample, so be sure to use proper grammar and present a polished product.
- Check out our guide for How To Write A Cover Letter