At its September meeting, the Augsburg Corporation elected four additional members to the Board of Regents and re-elected three currently serving members. In addition, in accordance with the bylaws for Augsburg University, two bishops were appointed as ex-officio board members this fall. Augsburg University welcomes these new regents and thanks them for their service.
Elected to a new four-year term in 2017:
Eric J. Jolly
President and chief executive officer of Minnesota Philanthropy Partners. Jolly previously served on the Augsburg Board of Regents from 2008-2015.
Cynthia G. Jones ’81
Senior level advisor for nuclear safety and analysis at the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Jones previously served on the Augsburg Board from 2010-2012.
Dean Kennedy ’75
Co-founder and chief strategy officer of Texakoma Oil & Gas Corporation. Kennedy previously served on the Augsburg Board from 2005-2013.
Karolynn Lestrud ’68
Retired photography and publishing industry professional; former board member in historic preservation and performing arts organizations; and active volunteer in arts, education, and theater.
Elected to a second four-year term:
• Wayne Jorgenson ’71, senior vice president of wealth management at UBS Financial Services Inc.
• Dennis Meyer ’78, chief marketing and business development officer at Robins Kaplan LLP
• Pam Moksnes ’79, vice president for gift planning services, Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, through the Lutheran Church Extension Fund
Elected to a third four-year term:
• Ann Ashton-Piper, president of the IT consulting firm The Bridgie Group
Appointed as ex-officio members of the Board of Regents for a three-year term:
• The Rev. Patricia J. Lull, bishop of the Saint Paul Area Synod
• The Rev. Steven H. Delzer, bishop of the Southeastern Minnesota Synod