Augsburg College has earned its second Community Engagement Classification from the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. Institutions are recognized based on evidence of their collaboration with the larger community, which:
- enriches scholarship, research, and creative activity;
- enhances curriculum, teaching, and learning;
- prepares educated, engaged citizens;
- strengthens democratic values and civic responsibility;
- addresses critical societal issues; and
- contributes to the public good.
Augsburg was one of only eight Minnesota colleges or universities recognized in 2015. The College previously received the Community Engagement Classification in 2008.