Homecoming 2020 celebrations looked a little different than previous years. Though social gatherings were restricted, the Augsburg Student Activities Council found creative ways to celebrate with a series of events during the week of September 21—some virtual and some physically distanced:
- Cider and canvas: Spread out in the quad, students created paintings in the style of artist Bob Ross.
- Create your own PopSocket: Participants made their own Augsburg-branded phone grip accessories.
- Drag and lip sync battle: Students competed by submitting videos of themselves lip-syncing to a song.
- Movie night: The film “Queen & Slim” was screened in the quad.
- Homecoming royalty coronation ceremony: Homecoming court members were announced and royalty were crowned.
Top image: Students participate in an outdoor event sponsored by the Augsburg Student Activities Council. (Photo by Courtney Perry)