Augsburg College is nationally recognized for its commitment to intentional diversity in its life and work. This year’s accolades include:
- The 2015 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine for the College’s commitment to intentional diversity and student engagement and activism.
- Placing No. 6 on the UCLA Higher Education Research Institute’s 2015 Rankings of the Best Christian Colleges and Universities published based on academic reputation, financial aid offerings, overall cost, and success of graduates in the job market.
- The American Indian Science and Engineering Society’s Winds of Change magazine’s Top 200 Schools for Native Americans—the second time since 2013 Augsburg earned this recognition for its American Indian support community and graduation rates.
- Ranking No. 5 on College Magazine’s Most Transgender-Friendly College list for working to make campus welcoming for transgender students and offering comfort, safety, and freedom to all students.
- Recognition as one of five U.S. finalists for the 2015 President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll with Distinction in interfaith and community service—the only institution named a finalist in both 2014 and 2015.
- Being named a 2016 Military Friendly® School for extraordinary work in providing transitioning veterans the best possible experience in higher education.