Augsburg University created the George Floyd Memorial Scholarship, which is designed to support outstanding third- and fourth-year students who have a strong understanding of Black experiences and U.S. history while showing leadership in advancing racial justice efforts. Each selected student received a $5,000 scholarship.
Augsburg named the five inaugural scholarship recipients:
- Aisha Abdi ’21 is majoring in management information systems and marketing.
- Quran Al-Hameed ’21 is majoring in psychology.
- Mallory Ferguson ’21 is majoring in communication studies.
- Kaltun Hassan ’22 is majoring in computer science.
- Nadirah McGill ’21 is majoring in music business.