Admission Possible Students

Farrington Starnes ’12

High School: Patrick Henry, North Minneapolis

Augsburg Major: Communication Studies

What is the most valuable lesson you learned through Admission Possible?

One of the most valuable things I have learned from Admission Possible is that academic qualifications are not always the most important thing when it comes to applying for things. Sometimes the best qualification to have is your personality. Its good to have the academic qualifications, but its a plus if you can articulate what kind of person you are.

What is your favorite thing about Augsburg?

My favorite thing about Augsburg is the diversity. There is a good balance of people here from all types of different cultures and socio-economic backgrounds, so you get a good feel for what the real world is going to be like after college.

What advice would you give to future Auggies?

The best advice that I can give future Auggies, is to utilize the library as much as you can! I feel as if my first semester at Augsburg would have been better if I would have visited the library. It’s a good setting to study in.

Houa Lor ’13

High School: St. Paul Central, St. Paul

Augsburg Major: considering psychology

In a sense, Admission Possible brought my family closer together. Every dinner conversation will be about post education, careers, and scholarships. I learned that choosing a college is not a one-person decision but includes the whole family’s input as well. So I would like to thank Admission Possible for their service in helping juniors and seniors in high school to go through into college and also my family for their support in my academic career.

What I love about Augsburg is that there are so many resources to jobs and service-learning activities that are really vocationally focused. Most importantly, there are staff and faculty who really care about the students’ academic well-being.

Find your own niche in life; do what you love and love what you do.

Lucky Dirie ’13

Augsburg Major: considering international communications, international relations, psychology, sociology, religion, and history

The most valuable lesson I learned through AP is how to write really good essays and that you can improve any skill.

All of my friends from Admission Possible are here. I also like the people in my classes because we can talk about anything. Augsburg is like our own little town surrounded by a big city.

Be prepared. It is not so scary, and you will get the hang of things in time. So enjoy college as much as you can, it is much better than high school!

Posted in Web Extras