- Transcripts may be requested only by the student. You may not request another person’s transcript.
- Your transcript cannot be released if you owe a balance to the institution.
- Your transcript request will not be processed unless payment is submitted.
- Transcripts sent directly to the student are stamped “Issued to the Student” in accordance with AACRAO standards.
- Transcripts requested for pick-up will be held at the Enrollment Center window (1st Floor, Sverdrup Hall, 707 21st Avenue S). A photo ID is required to pick up your transcript. If you would like someone else to pick up your transcript, we must have signed authorization from you.
- How to Interpret Your Transcript (PDF)
Transcript Processing & Fees
Cost shown is per transcript. Transcripts are sent via first-class mail; pick-up is also available.
|Online Order||In-Person/Paper Request|
2-5 day processing time
24 hour processing time
|*Orders received after 1:00 p.m. will be ready at the start of the next business day
FedEx Overnight Service
- $15.00 additional charge to send transcripts by FedEx Overnight Service.
- Orders received after 1 p.m. will be sent the following business day.
- FedEx does not deliver to P.O. Boxes, please provide a street address. There is no delivery on Saturday or Sunday.
- Overnight service is only for within the continental United States. If you need expedited service to a location outside the continental United States, you must contact the Registrar’s Office as fees may vary.
You may submit an online transcript request here. Augsburg College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering through a secured internet transaction. You will need a credit card to use this service.
Request In Writing
You may request a transcript by completing a Transcript Request Form. This form is also available at the Enrollment Center. Be sure to indicate on the form which processing option you want. Please note: We cannot accept an electronic signature on this form. Appropriate payment by cash or check must be included.
You may submit the request at the Enrollment Center, or by mail to:
Registrar’s Office, CB 71
2211 Riverside Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55454
There is no charge for requesting an unofficial transcript. You may request an unofficial transcript in person at the Enrollment Center (you must have a photo ID to do this). You may also request one by completing a Transcript Request Form, and returning to our office by email or fax to 612-330-1425.
Augsburg College is the custodian of historical transcripts for the following institutions which are no longer in existence:
- Golden Valley Lutheran College (Golden Valley, MN)
- Luther College of the Bible & Liberal Arts (Teaneck, NJ)
- Lutheran Bible Institute (Minneapolis & Seattle)
To order a transcript from these institutions, you may follow the instructions for ordering an Augsburg Transcript. Specify which school you attended in the “Special Instructions” field of the online request form, or on the request form.
Unfortunately we cannot answer any questions regarding the interpretation of these transcripts.
Some Golden Valley Lutheran College course descriptions (1981-1985) are available by request. Please contact our office in writing specifying the course title, course department & number, and the term/year of each course taken.