Strommen Center for Meaningful Work
The staff of the Strommen Career and Internship Services office, part of the Clair and Gladys Strommen Center for Meaningful Work, are committed to helping students develop the skills, habits of mind, and values that are the foundation for life choices, career success, and active citizenship.
The Strommen Career and Internship Services office plays an integral role in students’ overall education and helps to prepare them to make meaningful contributions to our communities, businesses, government, families, and the world. At the same time, Augsburg offers opportunities for students to gain on-the-job and internship experience and has developed partnerships with community organizations and employers that provide learning opportunities to students, many of which fulfill the Augsburg Experience requirement for graduation.
The Strommen Career and Internship Services staff help students:
- Assess their interests, talents and skills
- Explore vocation and meaningful work options
- Link academic majors with career paths
- Get “hands-on” learning through volunteer and internship opportunities
- Prepare for the job search and/or graduate school
- Make a difference in our communities and the world
Job & Internship Resources
AugPost: This web-based service allows alumni and students to connect about employment and volunteer opportunities. It also provides a list of opportunity-related events taking place.
Frequently Requested Info
- Internships: More than 70% of Augsburg students participate in internships and work-learning experiences that combine classroom theory with practice.
- Career Planning: The center offers career assessments and career coaching to help students choose among career fields or graduate education. The SCIC also provides job and internship search resources.