Student Financial Services
Campus Box 309
Campus Box 71
School Year Hours
M – F 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
M – F 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Closed Daily for Chapel:
M, W, F 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
T, H 11:20 a.m. to 11:50 a.m
Student Financial Services helps students find resources to fund their college career. No matter what stage a student is in, we are here to help.
Questions for this time of year:
I have a few questions regarding my financial aid. How can I get in touch with a counselor?
We offer a variety of ways for students to get a hold of one of our counseling staff. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 612-330-1046 or stop in during our walk up window hours. We have a Student Financial Services counselor on-call for walk up appointments Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m – 4:30 pm.
I have an unpaid balance hold, what can I do?
An unpaid balance hold means you have a balance on your student account. Students have a few options to have their hold removed, we encourage you start working on these options now:
- View your “transaction history” online and pay your outstanding balance http://www.augsburg.edu/studentfinancial/make-a-payment/. Once your balance is paid your hold will be automatically removed overnight.
- Make sure you have finished applying for financial aid. You can check online at “Track your financial aid“.
- Stop by the Enrollment Center and meet with the on call counselor to determine if a payment plan is possible. The plan would allow you to cover your current balance plus an estimate of your spring charges through the rest of the academic year. Before coming to the enrollment center please have an idea of what you can afford in monthly payments.
- If monthly payments are not feasible you may want to look at a loan. More information regarding loan options can be found at: http://www.augsburg.edu/studentfinancial/ under “Apply for a loan”. Please note, private loans typically require a co-signer and can take up to three weeks to finalize.
My son/daughter received an e-mail about their bill. As a parent, can I receive these e-mails?
Students can give access to “third party” including parents/guardians. With this access a parent will receive statement e-mails, view statements online, make payments online, sign up for a payment plan, and receive 1098-T notification in January.
- Have your student log into Augnet. Click on “Records and Registration” and select “Make a Payment/Account Activity”.
- Under the Guest Username heading, click on “Add New”. Students will be prompted to create a login name for you as well as provide your preferred contact email address.
- Once submitted, you will receive an email with instructions on how to access your student’s account to view statements and to make a payment.
Common Student Financial Questions
How do I view my financial aid package?
To view your financial aid package, log into Augnet Records and Registration with your Augsburg username and password. On the left menu, select “Track Your Financial Aid.”
How do I view tuition charges and payments/financial aid that has been credited to my student account?
To view your tuition charges and payments log into Augnet Records and Registration with your Augsburg username and password. On the left menu, select “Make a Payment/Account Activity.” Under “Your Bills” will be listed all of your charges and credits on your student account.
Will my aid change if I drop from 16 to 12 credits?
Depending on the type of aid on your financial aid package, it is possible that there may be a reduction. Federal financial aid (ie. Pell grant, Stafford Loans) will not change but Mn State Grant will likely change. Please contact the Office of Student Financial Services to verify what type of aid, if any, will be reduced.
What do I need to turn in to be awarded financial aid?
That depends on the type of program you are enrolled in. To view what forms and applications you need to submit to our office, see the Apply for Financial Aid category on the menu at the left.
On my bill, it shows I have a balance with a negative sign next to it? Does this mean I have a credit or a balance due?
A negative sign next to an amount indicates a credit amount not a balance.
I received a letter in the mail regarding a William D. Ford Direct Loan. What does this mean?
Students received a letter stating their loan eligibility for the term. You will not receive Stafford Loans until you have completed the loan Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling. Students can verify this by logging into Augnet Records and Registration with your Augsburg username and password. On the left menu, select “Track Your Financial Aid”. You can view what documents have been received under the documents tab. If you would like to receive the loans, please make sure both of these steps are marked as received.
I will have a credit refund for fall, when can I expect my money?
Students who have completely finished applying for financial aid and have more than enough aid to cover tuition and fees should have already received a credit refund. Refunds are issued weekly throughout the semester. Due to processing time, refunds can take up to 14 days to process after your aid has been disbursed onto your Augsburg student account.
When will I receive my 2013-2014 Financial Aid Award?
Once your FAFSA and any additional documents have been submitted, you will receive your award letter in approximately two weeks. Returning students will receive an e-mail when their award has been finalized. New students will be mailed a letter. Make sure you have submitted all necessary documents, log into Augnet Records and Registration with your Augsburg username and password. On the left menu, select “Track Your Financial Aid.” If you have submitted all the necessary documents more than two weeks ago but do not yet have an award, please e-mail our office (email@example.com).